Friday, June 22, 2012

Stamp Design

This was my favorite project of my Graphic Design 2 class. We had to design a stamp for present day by going back in time and recreating it from a specific year . We had to research different time periods and what was going on in that year. I chose to do a stamp from 1939, which was when the World's Fair was in New York. I chose to do this, because my grandmother lived in New York at this time, and had recently talked about going to the World's Fair. I made sure to use the Trylon and Perisphere, which was a major representation of the fair. I also google imaged a picture of the "1939 New York Skyline" that I outlined and put on the stamp. I had a lot of fun creating this in Illustrator and liked cutting the outline of the in a stamp shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment