Saturday, December 3, 2011

Photomontage 3

For the final photomontage we created in my Photoshop class we were asked to create a picture and think of a phrase for it. I chose one main picture and then layered different materials over and under the picture. I burned the edges of a piece of resume paper and then scanned it into the computer. The grey designs were actually taken from a crumpled piece of cellophane, being scanned into the computer. I made sure to crop the lighter parts out so that only the dark places were left. The main picture was a shot of a bay on Long Island in New York. 

The concept of the picture was that no matter how distorted or ugly something looks from the surface, there's always beauty underneath. The outline of the sunflower to the right and the main picture represent the beauty, and even though they are torn and burned they are still beautiful under all the ugly. 

I loved doing this project! Hope you like this one as much as I do! =)


Medium Used: Adobe Photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment